Four years ago Shiptalk set about finding out what it was really like to live and work at sea – we wanted seafarers voices to be heard ashore, and we are doing it again.
Over the coming months Shiptalk is conducting its series of "Life at Sea" surveys once again. We will be asking serving seafarers their views about the issues faced by our industry today.
The first of five surveys "Personnel Attraction & Retention", which asked seafarers why they chose to pursue a career at sea, is now available to purchase. The survey looked at the issues that make people choose their jobs, the things that make them stay and the problems that make them look elsewhere. The report contains some fascinating results.
The surveys in the series will include:
- Attraction/Retention – Choosing to Work at Sea
- Salary and Employment Benefits – Payment, Wages & Rewards
- Qualifications and Training – Learning & Experience
- Career Progression – Rising Through the Ranks
- Regulatory Effect – Governments, Laws & the Seafarer
Each survey will run for approximately two - three months, so there will be plenty of time for our 40,000 seafarers to give their views. The surveys are supported by 'The Sailors Society' and we hope that we can gain a real, honest view of what it means to be a seafarer today.
Once each survey has been completed the data will be analysed and reports from the information will be produced. These will include:
- The Key Findings book, providing a concise summary of the most important survey results.
- A comparison between the last survey in 2008 – what has changed in 4 years?
There are 2 purchase options available for our 'Attraction & Retention' Survey Report, the single Purchase option can be purchased on this page. To purchase the Corporate Purchase option please CLICK HERE
- The Full Report, containing the summary, key findings and details of the statistics behind the survey.
Make sure your opinion counts!
Shiptalk………. ”reading you loud and clear”